Tradition ground in stone. This organic shade-grown tea from the tencha leaf is stone ground into a fine powder to be whisked into hot water. Because the whole leaf is consumed, it provides more of the benefits that green tea has to offer. We invite you to sip a smooth cup with no astringency and the fresh, springtime-grassy flavor of this tea.
Steeping Instructions: Steeping tea begins with making tea.
- Fill the kettle with fresh, filtered water and heat to just short of boiling.
- Fill matcha bowl or cup with warm water and pour out.
- Add ½ to 1 teaspoon of matcha powder to bowl or cup. Add 6 oz of hot water. Experiment to find your favored strength and consistency.
- Using a tea whisk or fork, whisk briskly for a minute until the matcha is well blended. Enjoy Sip by Sip.
- Try over a tall glass of ice topped with milk and sweetener of your choice.
Organic Japanese matcha powder stone ground from premium Japanese Tencha leaves
Makes approx. 30 cups.