Organic Beet Powder is popular as a boost to smoothies and other foods and is also used to add its natural red color to food. It's made from the red, fleshy root portion of the beet plant. One pound of beet powder is approximately equivalent to ten pounds of fresh beets.
• Organic beet powder with rich flavor and color
• Ideal for boosting smoothies
• Made from only the fleshy root of the beet plant
• Powerful 10-to-1 punch over fresh beets
Origin China and Hungary
Directions Use approximately 1/3 cup water to re-hydrate 2 tablespoons of product. Hot or boiling water rehydrates instantly.
Suggested uses Mix into smoothies, applesauce, and tomato sauce. Use for coloring in red velvet cupcakes.
Botanical name Beta vulgaris L
Recipe for Aronia, Grapefruit and Ginger Smoothie
Total Time: 15 mins Hands-on Time: 5 mins
Makes: 2 servings
Wake up on the bright side with this refreshing grapefruit smoothie that's boosted with organic Aronia berries, matcha powder, beet powder and more!
By Tess Masters, The Blender Girl
1/2 cup Gunpowder Green Tea
1/4 cup Organic Aronia Berries
1 tablespoon Organic Beet Powder
1 teaspoon Organic Matcha Powder
1 1/4 cups unfiltered apple juice
1 small Ruby Red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger, plus more to taste
1/4 medium avocado
2 cups frozen raspberries
1. Place Aronia berries in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak for 10 minutes, then drain.
2. In blender, combine hydrated berries with remaining ingredients. Blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until smooth.